CaHPSA at UC Merced:
CaHPSA was first initiated as a committee within AMSA at University of California, Merced in 2014. For a year, the chapter would hold discussions and small events. In 2015 the chapter went on to branch out from AMSA and stand on its own as the UC Merced chapter of CaHPSA.
Who can join? All students- undergraduate and graduate.
A Past Event Highlight: UC Merced at Lobby Day 2016
Last May, the UC Merced Chapter made its way to its first Lobby Day with the Health4All Coalition, in which members took part in insightful discussions with health professionals and legislators regarding healthcare for the undocumented in California.
Current Leadership Team
- Benjamin Juarez, President
- Josette Mendiola, Vice President of Communications
- Manuel Ortega, Vice President of Membership
- Angel Arellano, Vice President of Activities
- Morelia Marines, Vice President of Finance
- Jim Greenwood, Adviser
Point of contact: Josette Mendiola, Vice President of Communications